Thursday, January 7, 2016

"At the End of the Day", Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, 16"x20"


I started this painting back in 2012.  I loved the reference photo and the spot where it was taken is special to me.

I have stared at this painting many times over the years and I didn't know what to do to complete it.  I took a photo of it before I went back to work.

The colors were all very muted to me.  It was just a green and yellow blob.  I have been looking and consulting a cheap color wheel to use when I feel like I need a push and a little inspiration.  I deepen the dark greens by adding a dark violet to them.  I also added some orange to counter all of purple hues in the painting.  I like the painting so much better.

I would love to hear what you have to say.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment