Monday, May 2, 2016

My 2 pieces for the On the Hill Gallery "Salvaged for a Purpose" Members Show


I am dropping off two pieces at for the Members show at On the Hill Gallery in Yorktown.  The first piece I call "Blue Ridge Mountains Majesty".  It is composed entirely of wallpaper from discard wallpaper sample books that were donated to me from a local company.  I affixed the torn pieces onto a 9"x12" canvas panel with Liquitex Gloss Gel.  I ended up coated the piece with Liquitex Pouring Medium before I framed it.

My 2nd piece is a magazine bowl made from vintage National Geographic magazines that I purchased from my local Habitat for Humanity Restore.

I did both of these projects with my middle school homeschool art class.  I hope to be able to post in the future their pieces because I am so proud of the job that they did.

Show opens May 4th and runs until May 31st.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment