Wednesday, September 27, 2017

"Emily's Donuts, #1", Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, 4"x4", FOR SALE

"Emily's Donuts, #1", acrylic on gallery wrap canvas, 4"x4"
Until very recently I have been grain free/gluten free.  For about 2 years.  For some reason(maybe it's because I have been looking at a lot of Wayne Theibaud paintings), I have fell off the gluten-free wagon.  Usually it's my kids that talk me into going to the closest donut shop.  Recently it is ME who is suggesting donuts.

This is a tiny painting I did.  It's 4 inches by 4 inches on gallery wrap canvas.  I did something different tonight.  Usually I meticulously draw out my subject on the canvas first before I start painting.  My philosophy is that if I can figure out all the problems out in the drawing process then I will have less trouble when I start to paint.

I was just too anxious to get in the studio tonight.  I just wanted to paint but all my "work in progress" paintings were not inspiring me this evening.  So, I unwrapped this small canvas and just started going at in.  It felt great to finish a painting in one evening.  My mixed media paintings take so many steps that it is rare that I get a finished piece in one night.

I am selling this through my Daily Paintworks site.  FREE shipping to the lower 48 states.

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment