Monday, December 21, 2015

"Badger At Home", Acrylic on Canvas, 8"x10"


Piece #15 of my 30 day painting challenge!

I painted another painting of this subject earlier in the month.  The owner loved it so much that he wanted me to paint another larger piece for his wife for Christmas.  The dog, Badger, had been particularly close to his wife and crossed "the rainbow bridge" a few years ago.

The reference photo is below:

Since the dog had passed, I was pretty limited on the photos I had to chose from.  The photo was overexposed a little and the dog had "ghost eyes".  I am proud of the job I ended up doing.  I know that a few years ago it would have been much harder for me to paint the painting from the reference photos that I had.  I think it just comes with experience from painting to determine how the dog looks.  The owner thought I had did it spot on and I am anxious to see how his wife likes it.

Thanks for stopping by to read the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment