Thursday, December 10, 2015

"I Want Two Wings", Mixed Media on Canvas, 5"x5"


Click here to bid (5"x5"inches)

Day 12 of my 30 day painting challenge!  I am feeling a little bit of pressure since I fell behind due to computer mis-haps, unexpected daily events and essentially LIFE!

I have to say that I have learned a lot in the 12 paintings that I have done so far.  One of the things that I feel like I am doing is expanding my horizons about my use of color and color combinations.  This piece started off as a canvas that I painted metallic gold.  I then decided that I was going to paint a goldfinch on it and started working on that.  Once I sat down to put it all together I remembered how I recently enjoyed working with all the lace I have.

I used a combination of yellow, steel blue, white and black lace on the piece.  I used another piece of music that I had found in the vintage 1949 Girl Scout songbook I recently purchased.  I was happy how it came all together in the end.

This piece is going to be up for auction at Daily Paintworks.

I appreciate any comments that you have about the piece or the process I used to create it.

As always, thanks for stopping by to take a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment