Thursday, December 3, 2015

"Poe's Raven", Mixed Media on Canvas, 8"x8"


Click here to bid(8"x8")

Day 9 of the 30 day painting challenge!  I had the background on the canvas done for a while. I have been playing with image transfer a little this year and I am still perfecting the process.  There is a lot to learn and there are a lot of websites on Pinterest devoted to this.  The background color is mostly painted in Liquitex gold paint.  The raven was created on mixed media paper with Prismacolors and applied onto the canvas.  I will be coating the whole canvas with Liquitex Pouring Medium later on today to give it a shiny resin-like coat.

I have been learning a lot about the physical differences between ravens and crows and this picture is kind of my "final exam".

Piece up for auction at Daily Paintworks.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment