Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"Snowfall", Mixed Media on Canvas, 8"x8"


Click to bid(8"x8"in.)

Day 8 of my 30 day painting challenge!

I have had the actual canvas for "Snowfall" painted for awhile.  I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it or what kind of bird I wanted to put on it.  I have a lot of canvases in my studio which are in all stages of completion waiting for some inspiration for me to finish them.

The materials I used on this piece are a lot! I painted the canvas with acrylics and added vintage music sheets and rice paper for the background.  I glazed parts of the canvas with an iridescent white paint which gives it a little sparkle and sheen.  The cardinal and branches were drawn in Primsmacolor pencils on mixed media paper.  I then went back in and repainted the berries with acrylic paint.

Hope you are enjoying my work!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment