Saturday, April 30, 2016

"Ready", Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, 11"x14"



This painting is quite out of character if you look at my portfolio.  The original photo came from Morgue File.  What attracted me to the photo was the composition and just the plain challenge of the photograph.  Sometimes when I see something that looks too complicated, my first instinct is to shy away from it.  I loved the pattern that the spokes made in the piece and I wanted to see if I could do it.  I am happy how the piece turned out.

I will be dropping if off at the Charles H. Taylor Arts Center for the Tidewater Artists Association Annual Exhibition.  This piece along with my piece "Summertime" will be in the juried exhibition and for sale.  I am so very proud to showcase these two pieces.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment