Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Working on daffodils for a commission this week!

I have one of my busiest weeks so far this year.  This weekend is CRAZY!  My youngest son makes his 1st Communion on Saturday night and Sunday is my daughter's 16th birthday.  Besides that I have some art to do!

One of the pieces that I am working on is a long overdue commission for my cousin.  I am posting just a glimmer of what it is going to contain.  I haven't been able to wrap my head around this project.  Yesterday, I spent the afternoon drawing daffodils in Prismacolor pencils on mixed media paper.  I like how they are turning out.  Daffodils are hard to draw not because of their shape because I have a hard time distinguishing the different colors in the shadows. Thus, I have been doing a lot of experimenting.

I am hoping to work more on the daffodils today and I am making an effort to post more on this project!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment