Sunday, January 1, 2017

#30paintingsin30days Challenge-Day 1


I've done this challenge before about a year ago.  The challenge is to paint a painting each day for 30 days.  I really should have preplanned this a little better. As of this morning, I was not sure what I was going to paint.  The reference photo was taken by my BIL Christopher Byrd and I have been saving it on my laptop for awhile now.
Part of the challenge for me is to broaden my horizons a little so I am not planning on using a lot of my same colors and color combinations for these paintings.  I started by drawing the cup on my wood panel.
I looked on my color wheel to get ideas on what colors to use with yellow ochre because that was the main color for the piece.  I picked 2 colors that matched it on the triad color wheel which were Red/Violet and Blue/Green.  It took me about 20 minutes to find my tube of Turquoise because I never use it!
"Morning", Acrylic on Wood Panel, 6"x6"
I'm happy how it turned out even though I cringed a little before posting up on Facebook because it looks totally different than what I normally do.

Painting is available to purchase through Daily Paintworks.

Thanks for looking at my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment