Friday, January 6, 2017

"New" Refurbished Scanner

This weekend we are supposed to be getting a really bad snowstorm here in Virginia.  I was so excited to receive my "new" refurbished Epson V37 scanner yesterday.  I have all weekend to play with it while I am trapped inside my warm home.

I have been wanting to get a scanner for a long time but I could not find one that I could realistically afford.  I have been doing research on and off for the last few months.  I ended up finding a deal on Ebay through Epson on the scanner I liked for only $59.00 and that included shipping!

I thought I would do my first scan tonight on a painting that I did earlier in the week.  Below I wanted to show you the difference between taking a photo with my point and shoot camera and scanning it with my new scanner.

I am really pleased with how the scan turned out because it is more accurate than the original photograph of I took.  The painting is much softer than the first photo and you can see this in the scan.
So....if you are on the fence about getting a scanner, go out and get one. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I don't have any paintings to add to my 30 day painting challenge.  That is the bad news but the good news is that I have the whole weekend to spend in my studio to create some new work.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment