Tuesday, January 3, 2017

#30paintingsin30days Challenge-Day 3

What did I say yesterday about getting up early?  Yep.  It didn't happen.  Something about hearing the rhythmic dropping of the rain outside my window made me just roll over and catch another 2 hours of sleep.  Yikes!  I woke up and I felt like the day was slipping away!

Today's subject!

Today's painting idea/challenge came from the Daily Paintworks Challenge page.  Paint the same object 8 different times for only 10 minutes each.  The first 3 paintings I was totally stressed out.  I don't like to do any type of art quickly.  This painting gave me flashbacks of many different art classes where we had to do warm-up exercises for a few minutes each.  I hated those back then and I still don't like them.

Since I had only 10 minutes for each section, drying time was an issue as far as blending.  So....some of the pears have a lot more strokes to them as compared on how I might typically paint a pear.  I was trying to get a lot of color in the pear in a short amount of time.

I think the painting is successful as far as it made me think about different greens and yellows to blend and how to go about doing it.  I would probably do another one of these studies again the future.
"Pear Study", Acrylic on canvas, 8"x10".


It's 5pm and I don't know what I am going to paint tomorrow.  Kinda of stressed since I know that that I have to leave the house for a few hours tomorrow to take my son to violin and tutoring.  I am thinking maybe I should do colored pencil or charcoal instead of painting so I can do my whole "traveling artist" thing while I am out of the house.

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment